Thursday, September 13, 2007

Prayer

I started off this morning with a prayer for those I love. I'm sure that around the world, millions upon millions of other people did the same. Some of us prayed to Christ, some to Allah but regardless we united in prayer for those we love. Some of our prayers will be answered in the positive and those we love will come through today, safe, sound and secure. But for some of us, our love ones will not see the end of the day. They will die in war, in accidents, of old age or of sickness. Does this mean that God has abandoned us? Does it mean that He doesn't answer prayers because the answer isn't what we want? I don't know. I know there have been plenty of times when it seems that my prayers have gone unanswered. But still I pray...I call out to a God who sometimes seems indifferent to my pain, my sadness and my need. It doesn't make sense but still I pray and it comes down to faith.
Faith is believing without evidence and if we didn't call it religious faith, people would chalk it up to some type of mental illness. But I'm not trying to justify faith...it doesn't need to be justified by me and besides no one who doesn't want to believe can be made to. So if I call it faith and you call it luck the truth is that in some small or perhaps even big way we believe that something helps us get through life. Does my way work better than yours? For me, yes but for you probably no. That's the good thing about it...it only has to work for each of us. Gotta run...already late getting up for work.

No comments: